Summer is BBQ season, and what better way to celebrate a glorious day then to cook meat over an open fire! Here is what we had tonight:
As our sides, we had deviled eggs and potatoless potato salad. For dessert, we topped everything off with grilled bananas and chocolate. All washed down with a gluten free beer. OMG, I was as full as a tick!
6 hard-boiled eggs
1. Peel eggs.
2. Slice eggs in half and carefully remove the yolk into a bowl. Set the egg white halves on to a plate.
3. In the yolk bowl, add the mayo and mustard and max/mix together. It should be a creamy.
4. Spoon yolk mix back in to the egg whites and sprinkle with paprika.
Potatoless Potato Salad
1 Large head of cauliflower
1 onion chopped
6-8 gherkins chopped up
3 Hard boiled eggs, chopped
1. Chop up and boil the cauliflower. When it is done it should be soft, but not too soft. About 20 minutes should do the trick. You can even steam it to tenderness if you prefer.
2. Add the onion and gherkins in to a bowl. When the cauliflower is done, drain and cool a bit. Then add to the bowl.
3. Add the eggs
4. Add the mustard and mayo and a splash of vinegar. Mix it all up. Again, this mixture should be creamy and have the consistency of real potato salad.
5. Sprinkle with dill
6. CHill in the fridge
I made this for dinner and it was awesome. However, it tasted even better the next day!
BBQ Dessert Bananas:
1. Leave the bananas in the peel. Slice lengthwise
2. Insert your broken up bits of chocolate into the slit you just made
3. Add a splash of brandy and wrap in the foil
4. Place on grill for about 10 minutes, making sure you turn it every few minutes.
5. Take off the grill and enjoy!
This would be so completely awesome served over a bowl of homemade coconut ice cream! I will have to try that one next time!
Enjoy a tasty caveman BBQ!
Did you like this article? Then let me know by clicking on the LIKE button. 🙂
Want to stay current with all things Paleo? Then follow me on Twitter @ReginaVanburkle