Sounds like an unlikely combination doesn’t it? Well, I had some chicken in the fridge and an eggplant and I needed to do something with both. So I did. I’m not going to tell you it tasted fantastic….I read another blog that said if you tell me it tastes great, it probably doesn’t. Whatever. This recipe is 100% gluten free; however, it is not 100% dairy free. Feel free to omit the cheese from the eggplant. It tasted great both ways.
Southern Fried Chicken
Gluten Free Flour
Chicken breasts (with or without skin, your call)
1. Put all of the ingredients except for the chicken and coconut oil in a bag or container with a lid. Once all the ingredients are mixed, add the chicken breasts and coat the entire breast.
2. Heat coconut oil in a pan.
3. Add chicken breasts and cook 10 minutes on each side until golden brown.
1. Preheat over to 400f
2. Slice eggplant in rounds and set on baking tray
3. Drizzle each round with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes
4. After 20 minutes, flip over the rounds, spread tomato sauce, garlic, cheese and parsley. Bake for another 10-15 minutes.
Serve with the chicken!
Did you like this blog? Then let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.
Want to stay current with all things Paleo? Follow me on Twitter @ReginaVanburkle