Summary of this post:
- It took 40 years from when health warnings started to appear on packs of cigarettes, for lung cancer rates to start declining.
- Despite the known harmful effects, an alarming 1.3 billion people worldwide still smoke.
- Despite 2 decades of promoting ‘5-a-day’ less than 40% of the population of the UK actually eat 5 portions of fruit and veg per day.
- If health warnings appeared on foods containing refined sugar and chemical additives now, it would likely take 40 years to arrest the present rise in obesity, diabetes and CHD.
- The only way to good health in our lifetimes, is to take personal responsibility NOW.
Health warnings started to appear on cigarette packs back in the mid-1960’s.
These warnings appeared in the more developed nations first, and later in the developing world.
By the mid 1980’s almost all countries insisted on such warnings.
These warnings and other…
View original post 598 more words