First off, I have to say I HATE eggplant – at least I thought I did until I made this recipe. It was a last-ditch effort to learn to like eggplant. I got to tell you, this is very yummy and filling!
1 eggplant, washed and cut into quarters.
3 Cloves of garlic finely chopped
1/2 onion finely chopped
4-5 artichoke hearts
5-6 BIG mushrooms – remove stems (roughly chop stems) (Nothing goes to waste in this recipe!)
1. Preheat oven to 220C.
2. Place the eggplant on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place in the oven and bake until the eggplant is good and soft – about 20 minutes.
3. In a bowl place all of the above ingredients, except for the mushrooms.
4. When the eggplant is done, take out of the oven, and roughly chop and place in the bowl.
5. Mix everything together well.
6. Place mushrooms in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil.
7. Spoon the mix into the caps.
8. Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
I served mine with baked salmon and a side of broccoli. It tasted wonderful!
Do you like this article? The click the LIKE button to let me know 🙂
Want to stay current with all things Paleo? Then follow me on Twitter at @ReginaVanBurkle