After yesterday morning’s intense workout, I needed some protein and sugar to recover, but I didn’t want a shake. I wanted som real food – some meat! SO this is what I whipped together after interval and weight training.
1 package of lean beef cut in to strips
2 large mushrooms
1/2 chopped onion
1. Heat the olive oil in the pan
2. Add the onions and mushrooms and cook until soft.
3. Add beef strips and cook through.
4. Add cumin and garlic and make sure everything is coated and spiced nicely.
5. Once it’s cooked through, spoon on to your plate!
I served this with a side of spiced pears and gluten-free toasted bread spread with Kerrygold butter (it’s grass-fed). Basically, slice your pear up, sprinkle with crushed cloves and cinnamon. Topped it all off with a nice hot cup of green tea. It made for a very nice recovery meal! All in all, it’s a very easy breakfast to cook, taking only about 10-15 minutes in total.
Did you like this article? Then let me know by clicking ont he LIKE button.
Want to stay up to date with everything Paleo? Then follow me on Twitter at @ReginaVanBurkle