I made this after a particularly intense workout session one morning. I needed all the protein I could get in order to recover. This is an easy recipe that only takes a few minutes to make.
I served it with a side of baked apples.
This is a perfect Paleo breakfast as it contains all your protein (steak and eggs and walnuts) along with the sugar and fiber you need (apples). It’s also got some great things for your heart (olive oil, walnuts and garlic).
1 already cooked steak sliced into strips (leftovers are great for this!)
1 clove garlic chopped
3 beaten eggs
1. Heat the olive oil in a skillet.
2. Add the chopped garlic and saute until cooked
3. Add sliced steak and cook until it has warmed
4. Once the steak is warmed, add the beaten eggs and stir around until you get a scrambled egg consistency.
5. Once it’s cooked through, put on your plate, and add salt and pepper (if you wish). I added salt and pepper and a bit of chopped red pepper to give it a bit of a kick!
Spiced Baked Apples
4-6 Apples, washed and cored
1. Preheat the oven to 220C
2. In a bowl, mix all of your ingredients (except for the apples).
3. Place the mixed ingredients in to the core of your apples.
4. Put your apples with the raisin, walnut filling in the over for about 30 minutes. Basically, the apples need to be really soft. When they’re soft, take ’em out and they’re ready to eat. I made this the night before and served it cold with the steak and eggs.
If you liked this recipe, let me know!
You can also follow me on Twitter @ReginaVanBurkle