I saw this recipe in a magazine today and it looked absolutely divine. The only problem is that it wasn’t Paleo. So I adapted and overcame!
Here’s What You Need:
Shrimp (either cooked or raw, your choice)
1 clove garlic crushed
1 hot pepper chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet until VERY hot
- Mix the tapioca starch and white pepper in a bowl. Coat the shrimp in it
- When the oil is VERY hot, put the shrimp in and cook until golden. It should take about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and put in a colander
- Drain all but 2tbsp of the oil out of the pan.
- Add the onion, chopped pepper and garlic. Mix together for about a minute
- Add the shrimp back in to season through and add the white pepper.
- After about a minute or two it’s done!
I didn’t think mine was hot enough so I added red pepper flakes. I also added some parsleyflakes to make it pretty. Now I just need to figure out which sides to serve with it. Any suggestions?
I updated this recipe (because I like to try to make things even better!) and I think it kicks things up a notch!
I fried the prawns in coconut oil this time, and that add an entirely new dimension to the taste.
Then I made a spicy guacamole dip for it. (1 avocado, mashed. Add some green onion and red pepper flakes. Then mix).
I dipped the fried prawns into the guac and it was so tasty! Then washed it all down with a gluten-free ale. Give it a try!