This week has been a bit of a challenge with regard to posting on the blog. This week was the first week back to work after the Christmas and New Year period. It was back to a full-time workload, working out, taking care of the cavebabies and just trying to settle back into a normal (what’s that??) routine.
I did stay strict Paleo all week – which was a challenge, but I feel great about! I did make a delicious omelette one morning for breakfast (see below) that was so tasty I made again for breakfast this morning. I don’t know what you call it, other than good!
It’s so full of protein and veggies, it should completely fill you up and keep that blood sugar steady for a couple of hours.
Here’s what you need:
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 onion chopped finely
1-2 handfuls of spinach chopped up
2-3 jalapenos (depending if you want spicy or not)
2 slices of cooked bacon that you have chopped up
- Heat the bacon grease in a pan until it is nice a clear and everyone comes running into the kitchen for bacon
- Put the onions in and saute until clear. Usually a minute or two. Then add the jalapenos
- Once the onions are clear, add the spinach and stir constantly until it’s wilted.
- Add the cooked and chopped bacon, then add the beaten eggs. Ensure the beaten eggs cover the entire pan surface. Add salt and pepper if you desire.
- Once all of the liquid has set, it’s done. Roll up or slide out of the pan on to your plate and you are ready to eat! Yummy!
I like to eat this with a side of sliced almonds covered in honey and coconut milk. Wash it all down with a green tea chaser. This will hold me over until lunchtime.